Lincoln charms Meals on Wheels clients with his sweet smile as he and his mother, Kelly, make their rounds delivering hot meals to homebound elderly and disabled individuals in St. Paul. Delivering meals is a volunteer role that Kelly selected several years ago because she could do it with...
Meals on Wheels
Nutritious meals and friendly smiles
Keystone Meals on Wheels can help you or your loved one remain independent and living at home. Besides receiving a nutritious meal, Meals on Wheels recipients enjoy daily contact with our trained volunteers and a connection to the world outside their home.
Meals on Wheels volunteers deliver meals to the door at lunchtime, Monday through Friday. The menu is varied and the meals are tasty.
Keystone offers Meals On Wheels from two locations. We prepares and delivers Meals on Wheels from two community locations in St. Paul; we offer the program from the Merriam Park Community Center (2000 St. Anthony Avenue, St. Paul) and the West 7th Community Center (265 Oneida Street, St. Paul).
Why Meals on Wheels? The program is perfect for:
- People who are unable to regularly prepare nutritious meals for themselves or simply can benefit from the delivery of a satisfying meal.
- People recovering from injury or illness. Meals can be ordered on a short-term or long-term basis.
- Anyone who could benefit from the social connections provided by delivery volunteers.
- Note - meals are available to people of all ages.
Our program is all about great food and choices:
- Convenient delivery: meals can be delivered daily, a few days a week or a pack of meals once a week to be reheated at home. Recipients let us know what works best for them.
- Meal Choices: Meals are prepared locally and fresh without preservatives. We can accommodate most special diets and offer countless options to make each meal a favorite meal. Some of our dietary options include vegetarian, low sodium, low fat, diabetic, kosher, pureed, gluten free and lactose free.
The cost of Meals on Wheels is based on a sliding fee scale. Call for details.
Metro Meals on Wheels organizes the team that provides the services throughout the Twin Cities metro area; Keystone is part of the team and we deliver meals from two community locations in St. Paul. Call Metro Meals on Wheels at 612-623-3363 with questions or to register to receive Meals on Wheels. Or for basic information, call Keystone's senior services staff at 651-645-7424 or 651-298-5493.